Sunday, February 11, 2018

Home

Growing up I was a homebody, I kid you not.  My friends in high school can attest to the fact that I would have rather stayed home watching a movie with my parents then go out late into the night.  That continued even into my marriage.  My poor husband made many a trips back to my parents house so I could be home.

Now that I’m an adult and live 17 hours away I had to eventually put on my big girl pants and make my own home.  But that feeling still sneaks up on me when times of stress or hardship come upon me.  Home is a place of comfort, and complete acceptance for me.  It got me thinking about how as Christians this world really isn’t our home.  That Jesus Christ himself said in my Father’s house are many rooms and that he prepared a place for us.  What must it be like to have a room prepared by our all knowing, all loving, and all powerful Father God.  He knows us inexplicably, our room will be better then Chip and Joanna Gaines fixer uppers, it will be better then anything we could have ever imagined.  The best part of all of this is, that we will truly be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment