Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Foreknew

I had totally planned on talking about a different verse, but this urging keeps saying you need to talk about this.  Ok Father God, I hear you :)

But before I do, let me preface this.  When I blog, I’m not talking to you from great intellect or years of education.  It’s just God revealing something to me that I never knew before.  It’s my time with God that I’m sharing and friends if you don’t have a time with God get your butts up and start doing it, because the truth is, it is the most intimate time and the most beautiful time you will ever have.

This verse got me today.  I’ve read over it hundreds of times but it finally hit me how Jesus foreknew how He was going to die and by whose hands He would die from.  Does that not shock you?  I can not imagine that.  Jesus knew how he was going to die and by whose hands he would die from. He then continued on loving them and giving them clear adamant warnings begging them to choose otherwise.  As I’m reading the gospel it is littered across the scripture.

This is the perfect picture of predestination.  He foreknew yet still preached and loved on them.  Their decision would lead to great suffering for Jesus yet He knew that if He made them choose otherwise, many others would suffer.  What an incredible sacrifice.  What an incredible God.


No comments:

Post a Comment