Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Funny

So, my life is rich and full right now.  Rich with friends and family, full with an amazing job God has given me.  I’m truly blessed to work where I work and do what I do.  One of the things that Amarillo Independent School District has always done is encourage family first.  So my kids come to practically every orchestra event that I am in or am helping.  They were at our Lock in in January and my sweet middle schoolers included them in the fun and games, my kids see what Todd and I do on a regular basis because we have decided to put our family first and that means if we have a night event they’re coming with us :)

So last night was Tascosa High School’s Pre UIL Concert, as we were sitting in the back my kids had the opportunity to talk with my fine arts director and a dear mentor of mine.  They told Mrs. Hackett’s joke about Pete and Repeat and how Pete fell off the boat, and do you know who was left on the boat ;).  The gentlemen met Daisy the stuffed bear and proceeded to rename the bear (a very unfavoring name in my daughter’s eye) Petunia.  After a night full of laughter with friends and fun music I asked Livie what her favorite part of the concert was.  Her reply “The part where I fell asleep”.   That reply made me laugh so hard!

Friends, find a job that you can enjoy and you can do it with your family.  Find a boss who doesn’t crush you but helps.  If you don’t have a job like that, start praying for God to open a door, or to change the environment.  You deserve to be content and at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment