Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Time

I’m going to say something that might be a shocker :). Have you read your Bible today?  Have you sat in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ and spent time talking to him?  Or were you on Facebook and saw my blog and thought here’s my encouragement for today.

Friend, that is not enough.

We need the Bible to guide us on this path, we need our talks with God to encourage us and lead us daily.  I personally need that time with Him to keep me sane!  Time with the Lord is essential for your walk.  He’ll never let you down, He’ll never stumble or become a stumbling block.  God will keep the standards in place and we can’t know them unless we’re studying them.  Read the Word of God in it’s entirety.  Don’t skip chapters because you think it’s irrelevant or not true.  If you’re a Christian, if you follow Jesus our Bible is the living breathing Word of God.  Don’t ignore this or say it’s not acceptable in today’s culture.  Sorry, but today’s culture is messed up, with hate mixed in with acceptance, with mass murders sloshed together with screams of hate.  Do you really want to be apart of today’s culture?

If you call yourself a Christian take the time to read the Word of God.  Get to know the Bible so when times of testing comes you’re prepared and ready.  So open up that book ask God what do you want me to read today, listen.

For those who have never read the Bible start with a chapter a day.  Usually I write my prayers out because I get distracted trying to pray in my head 😏 This book is amazing, an epic adventure where you’ll meet real people with real problems, where you’ll see God’s goodness and justice.  Be prepared to be in awe and slightly afraid by it too.

I love you friends, read your Bible and talk to God.  TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment