Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Paul

So in today’s episode of 1 Corinthians 6, Paul brings down the truth with a hammer.  He comes in blazing with fiery words and a harsh reality.  He is not very happy with the Corinthians in fact he lays it down pretty thick in regards to lawsuits against our brothers and sisters in Christ, sexual immorality, and eating.  I don’t know about you but wouldn’t you say these issues are the top three problems with people today too?

I personally struggle with the fact that I have a slight Napoleon complex.  I’m tiny but I come with a quick temper and a quicker reaction to what people say or do to me.  Over the years I have seen my words cut people down left and right.  I would be in the first group where Paul admonishes them for bringing lawsuits against each other.   I haven’t ever sued a person, but truthfully  that’s because I can’t afford too.

What’s amazing to me is how God uses Paul and the Paul’s history as a Pharisee.  His legal knowledge as well as religious knowledge creates a unique blend.  He is full of grace and truth which I have to admit we all struggle to balance.  If you haven’t read any of Paul’s writing I really encourage you to.  He is a man who breathes the living Word of God, He is also a man who needed much grace because he sinned like the rest of us.

This verse is a great summary of what Paul went through, our bodies are not our own, it resides the Holy Spirit. So whatever we say, do, or think piles on the Holy Spirit.  Friends, you can not live in a house that is  filled to the brink with mold, dirt, feces, and rodents.  The Holy Spirit lives in you, think about what you put in you.  And here’s the big point, you were bought with a price, a price that no one else would pay.  Why in the world do we forget the fact that Jesus Christ paid for us with His life?  He died a horrible death, He God incarnate who knew no pain prior to sacrificing Himself paid for ours with His life.  So like Paul, realize what you’re doing and stop, and sin no more.

Jesus paid that price for us, now glorify God in your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment