Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Immovable

Solomon once said that everything is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.  I can only imagine how that must feel to someone who has no reasoning to why they’re alive.  I take for granted sometimes the fact that God has given me a purpose.  What must it be like for those who are chasing after the wind?

This verse is incredibly reassuring to me, this amazing contentment flows into me when I read it.  From the very start I see a therefore.  For everything before that verse was and is a hard pill to swallow.  Paul is admonishing the body of Christ encouraging us to turn away from sin and to reject the world and it’s ways.  And then we get a therefore, he’s asking us to take everything we’ve read prior to this verse, oh beloved take heart, be steadfast, and immovable.  Don’t give up the work the Lord has for you, because all that you do, all the sweat, anxiety, and tears are not in vain.

God knows you and has seen the amazing work you’re doing.  He see’s the struggle you constantly have and the effort you try to draw closer to him.  You’re work is not in vain, you are beloved.

So today I’m going to memorize this verse for when the going gets tough I remember to keep working hard, and that my labor is known by a God who encompasses and surrounds love.

No comments:

Post a Comment