Monday, March 5, 2018

Judge

Oh goodness, sometimes, when I read a verse I feel such joy and I want to write about it because it brings encouragement to the body of Christ.  Other times, like this time I literally am sick to my stomach because I know the Holy Spirit needs me to talk about this verse and I know there could be black lash.  Let me preface this verse before I go on.  Whenever I show a verse on my blog it’s meant to encourage you to go read the whole chapter.  It’s not meant to be your quiet time of the day.  Friends, that is like eating a protein bar for a meal.  Completely lacking in taste, and not fulfilling you at all!  Now after you get done reading my blog go open up the Bible!  If you don’t have a Bible I would love to send you one, just comment below with your email address and I’ll message you.

So let’s get the basics of his verse down.  “For what have I to do with judging outsiders” this is pretty literal, if you are not a Christian why should we judge your choices, lifestyle, actions, words or anything else.  I could care less about judging you and your actions.  I still love you, you’re an adult and you’re choosing to live your life you see fit.  If you want me to participate in something the Bible says no on, don’t judge me when I say no thank you.

And here is the tough part that the body of Christ needs to pay attention to, “is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?”  Friends, too many times the church ignores the second part because it is dang scary.  When we see sin, we are commanded to take action.  This is not an act of hatred but an act of love for the bride of Christ.  We do a disservice to God when we ignore what’s in front of our face.  How are we to grow closer to Jesus unless we confront the sin that is happening in the body of Christ.  It’s not fun and it’s not pretty, you will get backlash, you will get people wiping the dust off their feet for you doing what the Word of God is asking you to do.  You will get mean words thrown in your face, but the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 5 explicitly talks about judging the bride of Christ and how you need to.  I wish we could ignore it.  I wish God hadn’t put this on my heart truthfully but if I want to follow Him completely, I need to throw away the worlds standard and follow Jesus Christ’s standards.

So friends, if you see sin in your church please ask yourself what God would have you do?  Please read your Bible for guidance and more importantly remember what Jesus needs you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment