Thursday, March 15, 2018

Kernel

When I was in college I would spend my spring break at my Gramps and Grams house.  It was an incredible time where Grams would spoil me rotten literally making my favorite meals all week long and at the end of each day Gramps and I would sit and have ourselves a drink.

I’ll always cherish these memories with them.  One day when we were walking Grams said “Breeze, this body is not going to last, and soon I’ll have a new body one that doesn’t have pains and will be able to do so much more.”  It was the first time I realized that our bodies are just kernels of seed compared to the heavenly bodies that God will give us.

As I grow older this brings a new kind of excitement to me. No more aches and pains no more wrinkles or droopy bums, or sagging tummies.  My body will be new in Christ, the moment I die, my kernel will flourish into something beautiful and unexpected.  I hope this brings you joy, I hope you have the understanding of Christ Jesus in your hearts to know where you’re going when you die.  It’s a peace that fills me every day.  For one day I’ll bloom.
This picture is of my 94 year old Grams an amazing woman of God who shines brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment