Sunday, March 18, 2018

Abundant

This verse in my reading today popped out like a bright neon light.  Why do you ask?  I think because  it made Paul real.  I could imagine him stressing out over the fact that he would have to write the Corinthians to say “Hey! Guess what!  You’re sinning again!”

I can imagine him praying to God asking him to have someone else tell them of their sin.  But after much affliction and anguish he told them in 1st Corinthians what they were doing wrong and how they needed to fix the problems.  Now in 2nd Corinthians Paul talks about how hard that was but because he loved them he needed to point out sin in their life.

Friends, this is a hard topic because we live in a society that says if you love them you’ll accept them.  To point out something that is making a brother and sister in Christ stumble is very hard.  But here Paul is saying if you love them you need to do it.

So I’m asking you, do you see sin in the lives of your brothers and sisters in Christ that is causing them to stumble?  If you do, you have an obligation out of love to come alongside of them and talk to them about it.  If you love them wouldn’t you want them to have an intimate relationship with Christ?    It can’t happen if they are doing things that are separating them from Christ.

Another hard verse but I feel an important verse for those who follow Christ.

Hey :) if you would like to read the chapters of the Bible I’m reading each day please feel free to join my youversion Bible app reading group clickHere

No comments:

Post a Comment