Saturday, April 14, 2018

Meagan

This is my sister :)

Meagan is older then me by about 9 years.

When I was younger she would pick me up at school and we would go get candy and soda.  She would organize birthday surprises and take me to the newest Disney movie.  I would look at her and see this incredibly beautiful woman.  To this day I still think she is the most beautiful person who is put together.

I love how she loves on my kids, she is intentional with each one of them.  My oldest Kylar will have days where she just needs to talk to Auntie MeMe.  I absolutely love that they can relate.

Now before you think the Fiedler girls are perfect and have the best relationship there were years in our lives where for the life of us we couldn’t get along.  I would say stuff to her just to get a rise from her.  She would say stuff to me that would hurt.  Mom would constantly say to us (as adults) you have got to start treating one another as friends.

For years I would intentionally avoid talking to her because I knew it ended up with us fighting.  Everywhere around me I saw sisters seemingly loving on each other and getting along.  So I started praying for us, that I could understand where Meagan is coming from, that I would learn to think before I speak and for the love of Pete please Lord help me to not be annoying :). Slowly but surely God starting showing me where I would cross the line in our conversation and I would listen to His voice.  I would pull back from what could have been harmful for our friendship and listen more then talk.

That’s the thing with prayer, prayer will almost always change the person who is praying.  So many times we think that God will change the situation or the opposing person, but I think that it’s you who is praying that will change.  You’re insight and a peace that only comes from Jesus Christ will change to be more like His.  Prayer is extremely powerful and life changing if you haven’t ever prayed I suggest you do, but be prepared for you to change before anyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment