Monday, April 2, 2018

Family

So when we moved to Texas we left a whole lot of amazing friends and family.  Holidays used to be difficult...

Then my mom said something that was really quite good for me.  "Breeze, you have to make your own traditions."  So now each year I try my hardest to make each holiday not about me, but about the family and friends who I serve.  So this weekend we celebrated Christ Risen from death.  If you don't believe that, I would love to talk to you!  NOT in a beat your brow my way is better, but in a discussion that two adults with a differing opinion have (I know that's rare these days, but by golly when you sit down with coffee how can you not have a discussion;)

Our Good Friday started out with lunch with an incredible double date at one of my favorite places to eat Public House :)  These friends of ours are people who will walk life with you, laugh, pray (we pray a lot), and keep you accountable even when you don't want to be.  After that we received a little surprise from those great friends kids.  Our yard was egged!
They left one egg empty symbolizing that Jesus was not in the tomb either.  Still on Good Friday we skipped services to go see the #altannie.   The kids laughed so hard and enjoyed the whole show, what an incredible time we had!


Saturday was rest day and even our Lady Parker's Canon rested.  Our rest day is much needed, we eat whatever we want, we watch way too much t.v. the kids have no limit on their tablet play time.  Neighbors play at our house they go to neighbors houses.  It's a blast!  If you don't have a do nothing day, friends you need one!

Sunday was full :)  I played two incredible services filled with the Holy Spirit even when times of stress was around.  Being a musician you can really see the inner workings of church staff and how they handle stress.  Believe it or not Holidays for church's can be extremely stressful, and playing during those times can be just as stressful.  This weekend was so incredibly beautiful and fun.  It was a joy to serve at our church.  Finishing the day was dinner at our house.  We had turkey, fruit, mashed potatoes, and green beans. 

Was this weekend different then what I grew up?  Yes it was incredibly different, actually the only thing that was the same was playing my cello for church, but even then I used to play in the orchestra with my whole family right alongside me.  Now it's just me.  I could very easily fallen into despair over the fact that everything has changed, but I made a choice long ago to create new traditions.

So friends, how was your weekend?  Did you have an unexpected life change?  Do you now have to make new traditions that don't look like what you did in the past?  If that is what is happening, know that I'm praying for you, those life changes can be hard, but in the end so full.

2 Corinthians 9:8 English Standard Version (ESV)

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency[a] in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment