Thursday, April 5, 2018

Listen

When I started working as an orchestra director my mind could not handle another musical note.  I know that’s sad but for the love of Pete please don’t give me another basic chordal progression that today’s top Christian musicians use, I can’t handle it!  So...  I started listening to the Old Testament while I drove (oh my goodness I sound like my Dad who listens to Fox News while he drives).

Besides realizes that I’m getting to be more like my Dad, this has been so helpful to me. I don’t know why, but my mind wanders when I try reading about inheritance and names I really can’t pronounce.  It has also helped me see how messed up God’s chosen people are.  Yet He chose them to be His people, to this day He hasn’t abandoned them.  What a beautiful thing to see how God fully loves.  Even in the midst of bad choices and consequences from those bad choices He is ever present.

So friends, if you’re like me and can’t handle another techno beat with the same 5,4,1 chordal progression try the app Bible.Is

No comments:

Post a Comment