Friday, April 6, 2018

Holy

Sometimes, when I'm reading a chapter my Father God convicts me of certain habits that are slowly sneaking up in my life.  These habits aren't necessarily bad but they aren't necessarily good either.  As I was reading Ephesians chapter 2 Paul was comparing the body of Christ to a building, but not just any building but the holy temple, a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

This made me stop and really think about what I put into my body.  Whether it's food or mental, because when you read the Old Testament it is littered with people treating the temple of the most High God with disrespect and paying with their lives.  So I had to stop and really think about what I was allowing in my life that could very well be disrespecting the holy temple, the dwelling place for God.

This is for my Christian brothers and sisters.  You are no longer strangers and aliens, but fellow citizens with incredible heroes of the Bible.  You are a member of the household of God.  This household was built on the foundation of apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus being the cornerstone.  This is your legacy.  You are a part of this holy temple, that is the place where our Holy Father resides.  What you put in your mind matters, what you drink and put in your body matters.

Do not let anything that could tarnish the dwelling place of our Lord be put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment