Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Breakfast

I once was at a mom's Bible Study and they had a speaker who said I make my kids breakfast every day.  As I was sitting in the back because I arrived late (my three kids all had explosive diapers and Kylar pooped in her underwear) sleep deprived, and looking like an utter mess I thought in my head sarcastically how nice that would be.

To this day I struggle with the fact that the woman who was speaking that day had it all together.  She made cookies and froze them, she made extra casseroles and froze them just in case someone in the church needed a dinner!  She was the ultimate wife, and I was angry at her!  Why do you ask was I angry at this woman?  Let's be honest when you're a mother of three and God didn't bless you with an organizational gift or even a tiny bit of being put together, woman that have it all would make you angry too :)

I was and probably still am a complete and utter mess.  I've come to the realization though, that I'm ok with my mess.  I will never be that woman, and guess what she will never be me either :)  Mom's, are you ok with being you?  God created you beautifully you.  I hope you can understand that, I hope you don't feel despair (like I did) when you hear about another woman's gifts that God gave her.  I hope you rejoice in the things that Jesus gave you and celebrate that each woman was given a purpose for the unique situation that she is in.

Praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment