Saturday, August 25, 2012

Understanding World Religions in 15 Minutes a Day

Hello World,
Today I'm a little under the weather, but as the world of show business says "The show must go on"!  So I will be writing a quick, but efficient review on this book.

Understanding World Religions in 15 Minutes a Day by Garry R. Morgan is a concise book on some of the major (and not so major) religions.  You will learn about Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormonism, and all the different denominations of Christianity (that's just some of them).  Each chapter you will learn about the beliefs of the religion, the history, and how they practice in modern day.  I would like to note that this is written by a Christian, he does a great job at writing from an unbiased view, but I think it's important for a reader to know the background of the author.

This book is perfect for the reader who desires to learn more about world religions, but not necessarily desires to take a World Religions course.  I liked how each chapter was so descriptive.  It wasn't overwhelming when I was reading it.  So dear readers if you're someone who really want the basics of the world religions, this is the book for you. I also want to add, with how our world is getting smaller we really need to be able to understand where people are coming from and how to respect what they value.  Mr. Morgan does a great job at doing that in Understanding World Religions in 15 Minutes a Day.
*This book was given to me via Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly did.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

With all this discussion of world religions, I thought it might be prudent for me to talk about the only relationship that's real.  There will be some who will say that all religions will lead you to the same place, but that just isn't true.  Remember this verse, Jesus, who died on the cross, and conquered death, and who is God.  He is the way and the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment