Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dying to Read

Hello World!
Well it's late afternoon in Texas and my kids took a really long nap.  It was awesome, I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to get things done without someone coming in and rearranging the nice clean area that you just left :)  I'm not a really a clean freak, but I do like cleaning something and seeing it be clean for more then five minutes.  So what are you? Are you a clean freak, or slightly artistic like me?

Dying to Read introduces us to the whimsical, and very cheeky Cate Kinkaid.  She's down on her luck and is hoping that this last job will help her out.  All she has to do is find out if this one lady lives at a certain house.  What she didn't plan on was the hornet's nest she lands on when she knocks on the door.   Not only does she have to finish her first job, but now she has a murder to figure out. Through the maze of private investigation you will find yourself meeting some pretty interesting suspects.  From the Ladies of the whodunit book club, to the ex-fiance who is a good deal younger then the lady :)

Oh. My. Goodness.  this book was hilarious!  and I might add Lorena McCourtney used one of my favorite words (if you can figure out the word I'll give you this book).  Cate was a delight, and her character was faith filled.  The pickles she got herself in was truly fun to read about.  Also, I seriously didn't know who did it, and that for me is a big deal.  Usually I'm like it was the butler in the library with the candlestick.  Yeah, I'm that good.  So dear readers if you want an awesome mystery romance, that will keep you guessing please read Dying to Read by Lorena McCourtney.

*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion, and I honestly gave it.
“Available August 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

1 Samuel 2:2
No one is holy like the Lord!  There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

In this verse we have Hannah praising God for the birth of her son after being barren for years.  God truly blessed her with her hearts desire, but the thing that get's me every time is she never gave up hope.  Even after several years of not being able to have a child.  Father, may I be like Hannah ever faithful, never doubting what you have planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment