Saturday, August 4, 2012

31 Days to a Happy Husband


Hello World,
We had an early morning accident in the Parker household today.  My sweet Drew's diaper had exploded!  Literally it was every where.  It was a full hour of cleaning in the wee hours of the morning.  So when the world hands you lemons or explosive poopy diapers we Parker's clean it up and go to the Farmer's Market :)  At the time of the situation I'll admit I was exasperated, but looking back I could see that if that hadn't have happened we would have missed Farmer's Market because we slept in.  What a big blessing our early morning wake up call was.  Has something happened to you that you thought was horrible but looking back turned out alright?

31 Days to a Happy Husband by Arlene Pellicane is a great devotional.  Each chapter is a quick read that you need to do every day.  For one month this devotional will take you on a journey of   respect, sex, honor, and many other areas that make up your husband.   If you follow the instructions it should make him giddy, gleeful, and yes happy :)

I would kind of say that this book is a self help book.  For me it was the perfect book to see if I needed to work on anything in my marriage.   It was a good check point for me.  I would not say that this book is for couples who are seriously have problems in their marriage.  Please if you are having trouble you need to find counsel (preferably a Christian counselor), but if you can't afford that look at the book Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  I generally don't recommend another book when I'm reviewing, but I wanted to give advice if your marriage really is on the rocks.  Ok sorry for the side trail :)  so dear readers if you are interested in a good devotional that will give you a happier husband read 31 Days to a Happy Husband.


*This book was given to me via netgally for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Sometimes I feel that the world is against me.  My day is chaotic, my kids are being disobedient, my husband isn't understanding, and I feel pressed down on every side.  What a great reminder for me that I'm not crushed, I'm not in despair, and I'm not abandoned or destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment