Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lethal Legacy

Hello World,
Yesterday we had the most beautiful rain shower.  I love rain like that, where it gently falls to the earth covering it with a fresh clean smell, and erasing the dryness of the several weeks.  What a blessing it was for our yard and garden :)  Have you had any blessings recently?

Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon is a mystery romance.  Kelly Warren is convinced that her dad did not commit suicide.  She is trying to uncover every last bit of evidence to show the detectives on the case to bring it out of the files.  What she didn't bargain for was the handsome Detective Cole Taylor, or the danger that comes when she does find evidence of foul play.

This was a really (and I will say really again) really good book.  What I enjoyed about it was how incredibly researched it was.  Ms.  Hannon did not skimp on her research of the Mafia or the programs that the government has set up to protect those against them.  Not only did we get an inside look, we also got different view points from other characters.  What amazed me was how easily she transitioned from each character, and I found myself sympathizing with each one.  She weaved mystery and romance so well together I was up late at night once again finishing the book.  So dear readers if you want a great mystery romance that doesn't skimp on the love God please read Lethal Legacy.
*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly did.
*  “Available August 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”


Proverbs 11:24
It is possible to give freely and become more wealthy, but those who are stingy will lose everything.

I want to talk you about a man who has had an enormous impact on my life, who is wealthy by some people's standards, and exemplifies this verse.  He's my Dad, and I learned how easy it is to give because of him.  His wealth comes from giving so freely, but not just money.  He has learned the value of giving time, giving money, and giving a listening ear.   For me, it was an amazing opportunity to watch him give with an open and loving heart.  Never being stingy, but always freely. So dear readers is it possible to give freely and to become more wealthy?  Yes... yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment