Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Serpent of Moses

Hello World,
Today was an awfully busy but incredibly fun day :)  The kids and I headed to the park early morning, and  then to the library to pick up some books.  Kylar and Drew absolutely love going to the library and picking up books like Arthur, or Angelina Ballerina.  I like it too, not only do we get the pleasure of borrowing books, but it's also a great way to teach them how to be quiet.  After that we headed home for a quiet time, and then we went swimming.  To finish off the day we had dinner and watched Toy Story 3.  All in all it truly was a blessed day.  How's your day going so far?

Serpent of Moses by Don Hoesel is a great conspiracy theory/ suspense book.  Let's just describe it as Indiana Jones meets National Treasurer.  It really is great and I am a sucker for those kinds of books.  Archaeologist Jack Hawthorne was on to something with a big pay off at the end.  Unfortunately this ancient artifact is highly sought after, and comes with more intrigue then a set of tapes from the Nixon period.  He needs to get the artifact back to his buyers to gain the amount of money promised.  With the Israeli government wanting the artifact and men seeking to kill Jack left and right you won't be able to put this book down until the end!

Truly dear readers, if you like a good book you will definitely like this one.  Remember it is fiction so don't take to heart some of the parts that might stretch a Biblical story.  Some people might not like that as much because it is taking a piece of Biblical history and using a what if theory to base the story on, but man it really is a great book.  So please read Serpent of Moses by Don Hoesel.

*This book was given to me via Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion, and I honestly gave it.
Ephesians 6:4
And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Oh man that verse is a kicker to me.  Sometimes I feel that I am to exacting as a mother.  I don't think about what my children need, only what I need out of them.  When I read this verse it's a clear reminder to me to set aside my needs and desires for my children.  For example:  church... I truly want my kids to look good, matching clothes, bows in the hair ect... My eldest is a fashionista she mixes and matches clothes I didn't even know could go together.  Should I enforce my will on her to wear the clothes I want?  I don't think so, because this is where I can provoke her anger.  Better to bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord, not of the Breanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment