Friday, August 31, 2012

Beyond All Measure

Hello World!
Today has been a great day, I got to enjoy the love of my life, my kids, and a good book.  Oh! and I finished laundry, cleaned the floors, and made sure the kitchen was picked up.  My mom would be proud of me :)  Well dear readers I have a huge favor to ask you.  If you are a regular reader can you please start following me.  I would like to join booksneeze but unfortunately I am 17 followers short.   Booksneeze is a website that publishers go to post books, bloggers like myself can request said book, and then have it sent in the mail.  The only requirement that I do not have is the followers...  So please, please (can I say please again) please :)  follow me, and then I can read more fun and cool books thus allowing you the opportunity to hear about them.  Thank you ever so much ahead of time.  You dear readers are greatly appreciated, and believe it or not I do pray for you on a weekly basis.

Beyond All Measure by Dorothy Love is a fantastic historical romance.  Ada Wentworth is down on her luck.  The poor girl is forced to auction off everything she's owned after her Father's death to pay off his debt.  Without any money or place to live she sets off to the Hickory Ridge, Tennessee.  A small town that really hasn't been affected by the recent Civil War.  Here Ada finds herself watching over the ornery Lillian Willis, who can do just fine with out her, or can she?  With feelings of anger towards Yankees, a owner who is smitten, and a business to start Ms. Ada Wentworth has her hands full.

This book was a surprise to me.  I love the cover, it's simply breathtaking with Ada herself gazing off into the distance and the train that brought her to Hickory Ridge in the back.  Not only was the cover beautiful but the story itself was truly heartfelt.  You will find yourself in the midst of a very hard time politically, emotionally, and physically.  Many people were affected by the Civil War, and whether their anger is warranted it most certainly was understood.  While reading I found myself uncovering the many layers of the tale and really appreciating how Ms. Love took the time to write such a meaningful and tenderhearted piece.  You will see Christians struggling with anger, and doubt, and you will see people who aren't Christians struggle with the same thing.  What I found interesting is how each group handled it.  So dear readers, if you want a story that has many layers and tenderhearted please read Beyond All Measure by Dorothy Love.

Romans 4:20-22

No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.”

When I'm struggling I cling to this verse.  I say it in my mind over and over and over until it finally clicks that I can give glory to God, my faith can grow strong during this time of hardship.  And I should be fully convinced that God is able to do what he promises.  In doing so hopefully my faith will be counted as righteousness.  What a beautiful thing, what a beautiful promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment