Thursday, February 7, 2013

To Honor and Trust

Hello World,
With a day of just sitting and getting better yesterday I was able to read a couple extra books that I don't normally get to do :)  So here is a special edition of my blog (probably tomorrow too).  I hope you guys have a great Thursday!

To Honor and Trust by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller is the story about Callie Deboyer.  Callie is a young lady who's parents are missionaries in Africa.  With her parents in Africa she has decided to be a governess for her grandmother's friends the Bridgeport family.  Spending the winter in the beautiful Bridal Veil Island resort she encounters Wesley Townsend.   Thinking that he is a golf instructor, she soon finds herself falling for the man.  Unfortunately, Wes is hiding a few secrets and doesn't know how to be open with Callie.  With all of this happening robberies have been occurring at the resort and Callie is under suspicion.  What is a young Christian woman to do?

Peterson and Miller are a great team and they always have a very beautiful story to tell.  I enjoyed this simple story of love and the obstacles that happen when there isn't open honesty in the relationship.  It's a great reminder to the reader that dishonesty has a consequence.  I also enjoyed the little bit of mystery thrown into the book.  So dear readers if you're looking a beautiful Christian romance with a dash of mystery I highly suggest you pick up this book :)

*This book was given to me via Bethany House a division of baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

2 Samuel 7:29
And now, may it please you to bless me and my family so that our dynasty may continue forever before you.  For when you grant a blessing to your servant O Sovereign Lord, it is an eternal blessing.

Have you ever stopped to think about forever, or eternal?  I don't think I can fully wrap my mind around the fact that when God blesses us it truly is unending.  It's mind blowing to me that our Sovereign Lord will grant us such a gift.  This morning Todd and I prayed that we would be blessed by God and our family for generations to come.  I thin you should pray that too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment