Sunday, February 3, 2013

Flora's Wish

Hello World,
Well sorry that it's been a week of nothing from me, but I kind of been in a reading stump.  I have all these fabulous books to read and I just was a little tired of reading.  Maybe it was because I've been watching the Amazing Race on Hulu, that show is slightly addicting.  Anywho I am back and ready to give you some awesome books to read :)

Flora's Wish by Kathleen Y'Barbo is about the story of Flora Brimm.  Flora has the unfortunate task of saving her families plantation by marrying and having a child.  If she does not do that she loses the plantation to her cousin Winny which is just preposterous (as her Grandmother would say).  The only difficulty has been trying to keep her fiances alive!  Four fiances later Flora is desperate and takes the matter into her own hands.  What she didn't expect of a con artist or a pinkerton agent, or an adventure that would be frowned upon the society she lives in.  But right now she has a husband to catch and a plantation to save.

This, my dear readers is an adventure around every corner. You will have fun reading how Flora gets herself in a bind. You'll giggle out loud at the witty conversation and fun by plays of Lucas and Flora. You'll wonder if Will Tucker is really a con artist only out to get money, or does he truly want to be married to Flora. Either way you find yourself immersed into the sweet Southern world and into a good book. So if you are wanting a light read with sprinkles of God's love and everlasting amazing will in it you need to read this book.

*This book was given to me via Harvest House Publishers in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it :)

1 Chronicles 16:11-12 NKJV
Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!  Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,

How's your quiet time going?  I find that when I'm closest to God when I'm truly seeking Him and His strength I'm in the Word daily.  I'm digging into the Bible early in the morning, before the kids are fully awake or are eating their breakfast, seeking His face and reading about His works.  My day may be horrible, but I have a calm and a Holy Spirit dwelling in me reminding me of God's perspective of the day instead of mine.  So once again I ask you, how's your quiet time going?

No comments:

Post a Comment