Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Iron Butterfly


 
Hello World,
How is everyone doing today?  We've been playing outside a lot and enjoying the beautiful Texan weather.  Some of the kids favorite things to do is color with chalk, bike, and play with bubbles.  I just recently bought colored bubbles at Target, that are a complete blast.  It was fun to see the kids catch them and have purple pop all over their hands :)  I was really surprised too that it was really easy to wash off.  What do you like to do outdoors?


Today I'll be reviewing the first book in The Iron Butterfly series by up and coming Chanda Hahn.  Let me preface that this is a young adult series that is for the secular world, but I was surprised when I read threads of faith throughout the two books.  Upon researching her more, I come to find out that the author is a Christian, and formerly a children's pastor for a church.  Extremely neat, and I love that this author is breaking into the secular world of young adult books.  

The Iron Butterfly introduces the character Thalia.  Thalia is a tormented young woman who was captured by a secret cult to be experimented on.  She and another prisoner finally break free of their prison and are thrown into the world with little knowledge of the hidden powers that were put into them.  This is Thalia's story of surviving a horrific time in her life and dealing with the consequences of the evil that she was forced to endure.

I'll admit I found this book in the top 100 free section of kindle.  It intrigued me enough to get it and I am so glad I did.  Not only are the characters well developed, but they have sustenance.  The plot was fast paced and incredibly well written.  I found myself totally immersed in the difficulties Thalia had to endure, and I loved how her character developed into a beautiful strong woman.  She didn't allow her past to crumple her, but instead she became strong.  This is a great book for young women and older women :) to read.  So dear readers if you're interested in a good young adult fantasy I highly recommend this book.


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Don't give up hope dear readers.  Maybe right now you have lost all hope that the future holds something good.  Please remember God's promise in this, that He know the plans for you, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you!  Cling to this and don't ever stop trusting in the Lord's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment