Saturday, October 13, 2012

What Your Husband Isn't Telling You

Hello World,
We have had an awesome week!  I had the privilege of having my parents here.  Not only were we incredibly spoiled but the time was meaningful and truly fun.  I feel fortunate to say that I have a great relationship with both my parents and we always have great conversation.  It's great to stay up when the kids go to bed and discuss issues and listen to their years of experience and wisdom.  Our time together seems to fly by and then we're dropping them off at the airport.  As my daughter Kylar says "I don't need you to leave right now".  Those words could not be any truer.  Do you have great parents?  If you do, what qualities do you appreciate in them?

What Your Husband Isn't Telling You by David Murrow is one of those blunt in your face books.  Last week I discussed a book regarding your teen children, and I highly encouraged parents to read it.  This week I'm addressing wives and mother's with sons to seriously pick this book up.  What this book talks about is the inner thinking process of man, but not only that.  It's the facts of what has happened to him in recent years, how his mind functions, why his mind functions the way it does, and how we as wives can promote a healthy relationship with him.

As I'm typing I'm trying to get you to understand the importance of this book.  This book isn't pretty, it isn't written to appease women.  Sometimes we women will put grace into truth.  I'm not saying that's bad, it's how we're made and it balances man.  This book is the ugly truth, and the realization of that made me stop and think how I can pray for my husband and son differently?  This world is set up to make them fail in numerous places.  We as wives and mom's can be buffers in a world that means to drag them down.  The reason why I am saying mom's too is because your son will be growing up in this world, they will deal with the same issues your husband does.  Wouldn't it be prudent to start praying for him now?  That's why dear readers, I am highly encouraging you to read this book!  Go ahead buy it now, don't hesitate :)

*This book was given to me via netgalley in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

Matthew 6:25
Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

I would say you have three great needs in life one food, two clothing, and three shelter.  We strive in life to fulfill these three things and to fulfill them to capacity.  Sometimes they can bring us down, we can have sleepless nights thinking where can we get these three things, and sometimes we have put ourselves into binds with wanting instead of needing.  Here we have an amazing Father telling us to not worry, that there is much more then life then these needs.  Truthfully, we have a Father who would provide these needs for us, and wants the best for us.  With that in mind our focus can then be taken away from the basics and drawn to what our Father has for our life and His purpose for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment