Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Twice Promised

Hello World,
It is a beautiful fall day here in Amarillo and because of the cooler weather we've been having, we've been enjoying the changing colors.  The air is crisp and the sun bright you can't ignore these fun days.  Are you enjoying the fall?  Are you doing anything fun this week?

Twice Promised is the story of Greta.  Maggie Brendan brings the time old tale of a mail order bride alive with her story.  As Greta get's off the train in hopes to meet her groom she comes in contact with another mail order bride named Cora.  As the story comes out it was Jess's brother Zach who wrote to these two ladies in hopes that Jess will choose one of them.  What they didn't plan on was Jess saying his brother Zach had to court one of them.  How will Zach and Jess choose between these two expectant brides?

I love good wholesome romances.  This book in general made me just sit back, relax, and enjoy a cool winter night snuggled in my bed reading.  I loved how Ms. Brendan wrote the story with God's grace, forgiveness, and love in it.  I truly appreciated that these characters walked daily with our Lord and Savior.  Also, like a frosting on a good cake I got to enjoy seeing how Jess and Zach handled their feelings for two incredibly godly women.  Don't miss reading this fun book dear readers, and while you're reading it be sure to snuggle down into soft blankets, and a good cup of cocoa in hand :)

This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it :)
“Available October 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Titus 3:4
But then God our Savior showed us his kindness and love.

On days like this where I'm constantly going, cleaning, reffing (yes I call being a parent reffing sometimes :) and talking to a carpenter about our floor that had been water damaged I need to breathe and remember this verse.  You see my day can get full, and I can feel this overwhelming sense of urgency to do good and to please.  Dear readers if you're like me take a moment to fully digest this verse.  Stop whatever you are doing and remember who shows us love and kindness.  Yes, that would be God our Savior.  Thank you Jesus for this simply good verse.


No comments:

Post a Comment