Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Flight of Fancy

Hello World,
How is everyone doing today?  For some reason I have been cleaning like the mad hatter.  So far everything is clean except the kitchen (I really loathe cleaning the kitchen).  I also made some cornbread muffins that were a perfect snack for the bebs and me :)  I'll tell you a little secret... I used eggnog instead of milk in it, oh boy was it nummy.  Do you use anything in a certain recipe that makes it special for you family?

Flight of Fancy by Laurie Alice Eakes is the story of Cassandra Bainbridge.  Considered a little bit of a bluestocking the only thing that seems to distract her from her studies is the handsome Geoffrey Giles.  Soon to be married to him they can not seem to contain their passions and an unfortunate incident happens that chases both their dreams of wedded bliss away.  As both seem to pick up the pieces of their relationship, danger and mystery creeps in.

Dear readers if you are a fan of regency novels you will certainly love this one.  I thoroughly enjoyed Cassandra and Giles.  A midst all of the the angst of unrequited love there was danger and mystery with Giles business.  With threats of death and who dunit, you will be immersed into a great read.  I hope you pick up the book Flight of Fancy, I'm pretty sure you won't regret it.
*This book was given to me via Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.
"Available October 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Isaiah 53:7-9
He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word.  He was led as a lamb to the slaughter.  And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth.  From prison and trial they led him away to his death.  But who among the people realized that he was dying for their sins-- that he was suffering their punishment?  he had done no wrong, and he never deceived anyone.  But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man's grave.

So many times I don't stop to think that Jesus Christ had to suffer for my sin.  He had to be punished for my sin, as the verse says "who among the people realized that he was dying for their sins".  He who did no wrong and had never deceived anyone was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word.  Lord Jesus may I never forget what you have so willingly done for me.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. some wheat flour in the chocolate chip cookies makes you feel a little healthier while eating them :)

    ReplyDelete