Monday, October 8, 2012

Tough Guys and Drama Queens by Mark Gregston

Hello World,
Today has been a great day.  Sometimes you just have days where you can look back at it and be grateful for what God gave you in the people you spent time with.  Have you done anything fun today?  How are you doing today?  Seriously, are you having a good day?  I would love to hear how you're doing and be able to pray for you if you ever need me too.  If you do have a prayer request please feel free to leave it under the comments.

Tough Guys and Drama Queens by Mark Gregston is a book for parents with teenagers.  This book talks about the challenges for today's teenager.  Mr. Gregston goes in depth about what they are feeling, what they are dealing with, how to handle certain situations, and how to parent the way  God would want you to.  Not only will you read about the facts, but you'll read about real life situations with teens and parents.

I can't recommend this book enough.  We live in an incredibly sexual, violent, and scary world.  Not only are our children being exposed to things that we as adults have probably never had to handle, but they're being exposed to it at an extremely young age.  Mr. Gregston does a great job at fully writing a picture of what our children have to go through and how we as parents can not only handle it, but grow closer to our children during it.  This book is complete in how to handle situations and gives questions to help get your child talking.  Parents please read this book, this is a book that I plan on reading and re-reading over and over again.

*This book was given to me via Booksneeze in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

Isaiah 40:22
It is God who sits above the circle of the earth.  The people below must seem to him like grasshoppers!  He is the one who spreads out the heavens like a curtain and makes his tent from them.

What a mighty thing, too many times I lose my perspective of our Father.   These words pain an incredible picture for me and reminds me that  The Almighty God should be revered.  Revered means to show devoted deferential honor to: regard as worthy of great honor.  I know God loves me, but sometimes I don't show devoted deferential honor, I forget His mighty power.  Father may I never forget that you sit above the circle of the earth.  That we the people below seem like grasshoppers.  You are the one who spreads out the heavens like a curtain and makes Your tent from them.  Thank you for you greatness, and your mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment