Monday, April 30, 2012

I AM SECOND


Hello World,
Today was my last day of my Bible Study.  I can not tell you how much I appreciated these like-minded women coming together weekly to build each other up through studying the word, and praying for each other.  It truly was a great time and I'm so going to miss these special ladies who have walked with me during these last couple of months.  Luckily we'll start back up in the fall, but until I am on my own :-)  Not literally, but you know what I mean.

This review is something that is close to my husband and my hearts because Todd serves with E3 Partners.  Todd has been blessed with the opportunity to serve with them in the sports reach programs which takes athletes (some professional) and goes to countries to use sports as a tool to bring people closer to Christ.  Here is part of their mission statement if you're curious to understand where they're coming.

"e3 Partners equips believers and mobilizes churches to go share the Good News of Jesus Christ in their everyday course of life, make followers and form small groups.  e3 also equips believers and mobilizes churches to establish new churches that last, multiply and make a real difference in the lives of people." (taken from their website).

  Their main goal is to bring people to Christ and to disciple them to grow closer to Christ.  The book I AM SECOND is a tool that E3 Partners uses to share the stories of people's salvation.  You can find all of their stories on youtube, and this book just describes their stories in more detail.  Some of them you would know like the former guitarist from Korn, or a major league baseball player.  All of these stories show God's amazing grace, and how much He truly loves you.

This book is really neat and truthfully a great tool for telling people about Christ.  Not only is it uplifting, but truly it shows that everyone is loved by God no matter what you've done.  If you pick up this book there is a website that you can go to that has a study with it as well as the filming of each of the stories.  Here is the link to the website if you want to go snoop around iamsecond.com.  I recommend this book to anyone who wants to see how Christ works in people's lives.

*I received this book via netgalley in hopes of my honest opinion, and I honestly did.

Matthew 4:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

This verse is something that I want you to contemplate.  Are you weary?  Are you burdened?  If you are Jesus is asking you to come to Him.  He is the only one that can give you rest.  That's all I have to say.


Hey last note I want to encourage Christians to find their white chair moment.  And if you don't know what I'm saying go to the website and watch some films or buy the book either way we all have a white chair moment and we need to be able to tell it to others.





No comments:

Post a Comment