Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Half-Stitched Amish quilting Club

Hello,
Just in the nick of time I am writing to you.  I know it's not the morning and for some of you it's not even Wednesday anymore, but for me it is so there ha.  What an extremely busy day with my kids, we got a lot done in the house and it's practically clean.  Please note that I'm pretty sure that my house will not be fully clean until everyone has moved out including my husband and myself.

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club is a story about recently widowed Emma Yoder.  Feeling that she has been burdening her children financially Emma prays that God guides her to help with her income.  God guides her to teach a six week quilting class.  Never would she have imagined the diverse characters that join this class and never would she imagine the role God plays in her ministering to them.  So begins a great story about seven character's everyday life.  Their ups and downs all come out in this little Amish home.

What an interesting book.  It definitely is not a book that will smack you in the face with conviction, but there were quite a few times where I could relate.  Ms. Brunstetter does a great job of describing the Amish way of life, and for someone that has very little knowledge of their way, it was helpful while I was reading this book.  I enjoyed the simple lessons that this book had, one of them being that there is more then meets the eye.  If you love a good stroll through a story this is the book for you.

*This ebook was given to me by netgalley via Barbour Books for my honest opinion, and I honestly did that.


Isaiah 6:8 ESV
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?'  Then I said, "Here am I!  Send me."


I'm guessing that know one lately has heard the voice of the Lord speak out loud to you asking whom should he send :-)  But we have had one command by Jesus to go and make disciples of men.  How many times have I heard that saying and simply took it in, but never truly cut me to the heart that we truly are to GO!  And here is Isaiah excited to do the will of God saying "Here am I!  Send me."  Lord Jesus please place that excitement and urgency in my heart, may I see what you see and love what you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment