Saturday, April 7, 2012

Unashamed to bear His Name



He Is Risen!

When you read this I hope you're enjoying a glorious Sunday morning and church service.  If you're in Amarillo please feel free to stop by Hillside Christian Church.  There are so many different revenues there that I'm sure you would find the spot for you.  In fact I'll be playing my cello in the 8:15 Assembly service and the 9:30 Traditions service.  Here is the website if you want to see what services there are www.hillsidewired.com . We would love to see you there :-)  And if you don't live in Amarillo, TX  enjoy your day and hopefully you'll be going to church on this incredibly wonderful day that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I really didn't know much about  R.T. Kendall and I really like to know where the author is coming from theologically.  So I googled him and he is described as a very charismatic theologian.  Here is a quote about him by Ernest Paddon.

R.T. Kendall is a man of great authority and leadership. He has an amazing knowledge of the Scriptures and a willingness to deal with any verse in the passage preached, however difficult it might be. I can never remember hearing a sermon which did not bless me. He truly practiced what he has preached. He has sought to reach every type of person and shown increasing patience and love to difficult people. Sometimes too patient! He has always shown himself to be open and honest. —Ernest Paddon, In Pursuit of His Glory

This book is really a good book.  The title I feel is almost deceiving, and the small definition of the book in the front as well.  I really felt that there was just more to the book then what it described on the covers.    I was expecting a book to be for mainly new believers who were having trouble with defending there faith.  I was corrected on that thought several times through out the book.  What this book was for me was a strong base to minister to people and to share the gospel with them.  I learned an amazing amount from a 201 page book.  If you're someone who is looking to get better at sharing the gospel this is the book for you.  It's a sound book that's very sincere.  So please dear friends read Unashamed to Bear His Name.


*Chosen Books provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review, and I honestly did.


John 20:18
Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord" -- and that he had said these things to her.

What a beautiful phrase, "I have seen the Lord."  After three days of being dead Jesus comes back to life.  Has this ever happened before?  Has a human being ever done this after being dead for three days?  I only know of one and that one was God, Jesus Christ.  What an amazing thing!  What an incredible sacrifice for our Lord and Savior to sacrifice Himself for us, that we may have a relationship with the Father.  For we can only have a relationship with God if we confess that Jesus is God and that He died and rose again.  Please consider this, please think through how wonderful this is.  If you have time read the book of John to see Jesus' life.  He truly is God and He truly sacrificed Himself so that we may live.  





No comments:

Post a Comment