Saturday, April 14, 2012

How to Ruin Your Life by 30



Hello World!
Newly edited as I am sitting next to my husband and watching the last Pirates of the Caribbean.  :-)  I was looking over my post I couldn't believe all of the mistakes!  Oh my... all  I can say is a lot of mistakes, so thank you for bearing with me while I was in transition this week for my non-fiction blog.

 As you can tell by the title of the book our author Steve Farrar is full of humor. Since I am only a few short months away from being thirty, I thought it would be prudent for me to read this book just in case I can save my life.  Note: I am using humor just like our dear author. All humor aside, this is a great book for young adults. I enjoyed Mr. Farrar's way of giving wisdom, it's not so heedy that you want to put the book aside.  Each chapter addresses how you could potentially ruin your life and how you can choose not to.  That really is the gist of the book.

 Ok here are my thoughts. As I was reading this book I was asking myself these two questions 1. Would I have read this book as a young adult? 2. Do I want my kids reading this book when they're young adults. The answer to both of these questions would be a yes. Mr. Farrar does an excellent job at combining quick but wholesome amount of advice for young adults. It's like a good but rich piece of chocolate cake. Any more then one slice and you would start getting sick, but with just one slice you can enjoy the richness and decadence without feeling as if you were punched in the face. So readers if you are a young adult entering into your prime 20 years or if you're a parent who has future young adults I would recommend this book to you!

  Proverbs 31:26 ESV
 When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions.

Oh to remember these words when I forget to think before I speak. You see, I'm one of those ladies who generally puts her foot where her mouth is, meaning I always tend to say something I shouldn't. My prayer for all of us today is that when we speak our words be wise, and kindness exudes out of us always. Even when we are instructing or teaching. Have a great Saturday dear readers, and again I apologize for my lack of technological savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment