Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Guardian Duke

Hello Dear Readers!

It is all quiet in my household, because the kids are napping.  It really is just a cherished time where I can sit down and eat a bit of a meal, and think about how the morning went.  For instance my quaint little house is in upheaval from me going through each room and purging it of the things I don't need.  We're having a garage sale this Saturday and I'm hoping that my trash is someone else's treasure :-)  How about you?  What are you doing today?

The Guardian Duke tells the story of two people who don't know each other but are inexplicably brought together by King George.  Alexandria is the daughter of two treasure hunting parents.  She is almost always on her own but, she soon finds herself on a mission to find her parents who are considered dead.  Gabriel the Duke of St. Easton has been placed as Alexandria's guardian.   Recently dealing with a health issue he finds himself on a chase to bring Alexandria back to London.  Thus proceeds a tale between the two and an adventure for the reader.

I'm trying to think how to best word my review without giving too much away.  I will say that this is the first book of three and for me personally this a building book.  What I mean by that sentence, there is a lot of character development and a lot of plot planning.  If you're wanting an adventure book you'll like this book, but I want to make sure you know that there isn't really much romance.  Jamie Carie fans are used to adventure and romance all in one, where with The Guardian Duke almost all of it is adventure.   You historian buffs might not like this book either because it isn't really historically accurate.  Certain guns that were used were not from the right time period and a single woman in this time period would not be allowed to chase across the continent the way Alexandria did.  I'm trying to be honest and I hope you understand that.  If historical inaccuracies don't bother you then you'll have no problem reading this book.  Also, keep in mind dear readers that this is the first book of three (I'll be reviewing The Forgiven Duke tomorrow) so don't be shocked when there is a cliff hanger at the end of the story.
*I received this book through netgalley for my honest opinion and I honestly did that :-)


1 John 2:6  NASB
Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Christ did.

When I read this, I feel like I'm punched in the face with truth.  I think back to how Christ lived and boy was it convicting.  He loved unconditionally, spoke honestly, lived purely, and made wise choices.  Really there is so much more in His life infinitely more.  Lord Jesus convict me if I'm not living the way you are and help me to always desire to live like you.


No comments:

Post a Comment