Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Lacemaker

Hi Everyone,
So in the last 24 hours I may have read this book a total of two times and I'm on my third read.  This may be one of my favorite books by Laura Frantz.  It's the perfect revolutionary historic novel, with romance, an amazing woman of God for the leading lady, and the perfect mix of slow burn.  What is slow burn?  It's a book who's character don't immediately fall in love at first sight but a relationship is built.  I love those types of books because let's be honest how many of us had an insta love relationship that worked?  Don't get me wrong I looked at my husband for the first time and fell for his baby blues and his smile, but it took us years to build a friendship and then a relationship.

In the Lacemaker, Lady Elizabeth "Liberty" Lawson has been met with an arranged marriage by her Tory Father.  On the cusp of the revolution she is forced to decide which side she's on.  Soon Liberty is left destitute with only the faith of a Heavenly Father guiding her path.  These are troubled times in Williamsburg, Virginia and it's not safe to be a Tory let alone a woman.

If you love an amazing historic novel that breathes the Word of God effortlessly.  Friends, you need to read this book.  So please go buy it and enjoy this phenomenal author who glorifies God with the talent she has been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment