Friday, January 26, 2018

Hope

Did you know the definition of hope is a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen and for faith it's a complete trust or confidence in someone or something.  I always thought these words were kind of the same but they're really not.

Hope is more of a feeling where faith is complete assurance.  We live in a world where complete assurance can be destroyed in moments; where more and more often we lean towards hope because in the back of our head we're waiting for the other shoe to drop.  A couple of years ago it seemed that if it could happen to our family it did.   House refusing to sell, me getting sick and the hospital bills piling up, cars breaking down,  double mortgage, my husband's job getting cut and my part time job closing.    I clung to this verse, because I had no hope left.  I only had the assurance that God was able to do what he promised.   Where are you at today?

Eventually, the house sold.  Todd's hours were given back to him.  I received the surgery that was needed to make me better.  This my friends is God's glory because if you read the final statement in the picture "It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification."

So friends I'm praying for you, I'm praying that you stop hoping in the world, but put your faith in Jesus Christ.  He really was raised from the dead so that our trespasses are forgiven and we can have faith to give glory to Him in times of goodness and times of need.  And in doing that we are fully convinced that God is able to do what He promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment