Sunday, January 21, 2018

Rest


          “"Six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest. In plowing time and in harvest you shall rest.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭34:21‬ ‭ESV‬‬













Hello Everyone,
Four years ago I started working outside of the home as an Orchestra Director.  I love my job, I love the students who I teach and the challenges of starting them from the beginning and growing them to be able to play at an exceptional level.  I love the families that help me in the program.  But what I started to see each week was I was getting worn out.  My house was a complete mess, I was short with my husband and my sweet bebs.  I was tired and I had no clue what my problem was.  Then I remembered a sermon that our pastor talked about rest.   I realized that even though I had weekends to rest I wasn't really resting.  I was socializing, taking the kids to their music lessons and practices.  I truly wasn't resting.  That day I made the decision to not go anywhere, to not socialize with anyone, and to truly rest on my chosen day which was Saturday.  It was hard at first because I had to say no to a lot of things.  I am not a person who says no,  I'm a people pleaser :-).

Oh sweet friends, the difference in my week was incredible!  My house for one day was an absolute mess, but the remainder of the week clean or at least picked up.  So that brings me to this new adventure.  Do you know how tempting it was to email friends, to call them and tell them about Mary and Martha on my day off?  Extremely, but I stuck to Exodus 34:21 Six days you shall work, but the seventh day you shall rest.  I know no matter what, I and you all need a day to rest.  Are you resting?  Do you have a day where you do nothing but binge watch TV shows, or read books and eat a glorious amount of food?  If you don't, I think you should, and not just me but God thinks you should too.

Now I had my rest day yesterday so it's back to work :-). If you book an event with me through Mary and Martha you get double Host rewards when you host a $400 gathering and your guests get discounts too!
Love you all and I hope you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment