Monday, January 29, 2018

Sin


I read in Romans 7 today.  It's a hard chapter to swallow and pretty devestating on this millennial' self esteem ;-). But I will say this, I feel as a body we have looked at sin as a negative thing.  Hold up!  Before the arguments and disgust start let me explain myself.  Sin is not a feeling, it is not an emotion; the definition of sin is "an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law."  Now I'm going to speak to my Christian brothers and sisters first, how many times have we looked at someone sinning and felt an emotion whether disgust, or sadness, or any other emotion?  Why? Sin is something that takes us away from God not an emotion.  

So I ask you dear brothers and sisters in Christ, How close to God do you want to be?  Our sin is covered by Jesus Christ, the moment you acknowledged that Jesus Christ is Lord, the moment you said in your heart that He died for you and was raised from the dead was the moment He covered for you and you became a Holy blameless child of God.  You are saved, but if you long for an intimate relationship, a friendship like no other, a Father who speaks to you daily, a Holy Spirit who guides you and gives you counsel I would suggest you get rid of sin.  God can't be near sin He is too Holy and too perfect to be near it, so cast it away and see how intimate and loving that relationship is.   

Now for my friends who don't think there is a God or that Jesus Christ is God.  Friends, I'm going to be blunt.  Why are you worrying about sin when it doesn't pertain to you?  If you don't believe in Jesus Christ it would be like comparing sports to music. Two completely different things.  You need to believe Christ Jesus died for you to even think about sin.  I would love for you to believe in our Savior believe it or not He loves you and sincerely wants the best for you, but if you choose not to then that's your choice.  I choose to follow Jesus Christ and I choose to follow the Bible, that's on me, not you.  

I'm finishing up now, and please don't be hurt by my ramblings whether Christian or not I'm just a person living life one day at a time trying to do my best with the choices I made.   If you're ever curious about those choices I made I would love to talk to you about them :-)

Love you all, and that's the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment