Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Debt-Proof Your Christmas

Hello World,
How are you doing?  Sometimes this time of year can be overwhelming, sad, or busy.  I hope you're doing well and that even if this is a hard time for you that you are clinging to the Lord's promises.  If you ever need prayer feel free to comment and I'll be sure to be praying for you and your situation.

Debt-Proof Your Christmas by Mary Hunt is a neat little book to help you manage your money during the holiday season.  Not only will it give you an outline of the do's and don'ts, but  it will also give you great ideas for saving money, making your own Christmas presents, and how to truly enjoy a debt-free holiday season.

This book has a lot of nifty ideas, and I really appreciated the last couple of chapters where Ms. Hunt gave recipes, home made gift ideas, and bargain gifts.  I loved how she stressed the importance of it's not the price of the gift, but the thought goes into it.  Dear readers, please be aware that Ms. Hunt is trying to appeal to the secular group as well.  You won't be finding a lot of Christ in this book, but that isn't to say that the ideas or message isn't helpful.  So if you're really wanting to get a handle on your Christmas debt please read Debt-Proof Your Christmas.

*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.
“Available September 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

John 4:23
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.

I need to admit something, today has been so busy that this is the first time I'm sitting down let alone having a quiet time.  Some days are like that and yes I highly encourage sitting and reading your Bible, but some days I need to remember that there are several different ways I can worship God.  I need to remember that my acts of service to my family can be done in worship.  My typing this blog can be done in worship.  That anything I do can and should be done to glorify the Lord.  I need to remember that the hour is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for He really is seeking such people.

No comments:

Post a Comment