Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Roses

Hello World!
We are enjoying a much needed mini vacation to Dallas this Thanksgiving weekend :)  So far we have visited parks, and a farmers market.  We love doing things that are... well... cheap or free :)  Todd found an app for his Iphone that takes where you are and tells you interesting places to go.  It's a fun way to see the city and to try something that you would have never thought of doing.  What do you like to do on a vacation?

Christmas Roses is Celia Anderson's story.  Celia runs a boarding house, and is alone with no one else to get help from.  It is her dream to be able to provide for her daughter and not have to rely getting married out of need instead of love.  She is a beautiful woman and she doesn't lack for suitors, but will one of them love her and her daughter for who they are, or what they both can get out of the situation.

This is a cute little novella chalk full of insightful wisdom and a unique historical aspect to it.  Ms. Cabot does a great job at bringing characters to life and I found myself immersed in this tale.  I also loved Celia she was a woman I respected, and a woman who wasn't willing to cave to peer pressure.  So dear readers if you want a quick read for the holidays please read Christmas Roses by Amanda Cabot.

*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.
“Available September 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Today I would like to open up the small devotional with a question and hopefully I'll get some comments :)  What is your favorite verse?  You never know if your favorite verse will encourage someone today. So I'm asking you, dear readers, to go ahead and tell us what your favorite verse is :)

3 comments:

  1. Hard to say I have ONE favorite verse but here is one of many...
    1 Samuel 16:7 "People look at the outside of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely review of Christmas Roses. I appreciate your sharing your opinion with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank you! I find such a joy reading awesome books with Christ's love sprinkled all over it. You are a such a blessing :)

      Delete