Saturday, November 17, 2012

Heaven Changes Everything by Todd & Sonja Burpo

Hello World!
Yesterday I went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving.  I love doing that, I love being able to put a meal together and getting the nice dishes out.  Traditionally I grew up with a formal dinner at least four courses sometimes five and the food was always diverse (once my mom served gazpacho).  Now that we live so far away I have the honor of making the menu and preparing a dinner for my family.  It's fun and I really do love doing it.  Do you have a fun Thanksgiving tradition that you do?  Maybe it's family style with your whole family, or maybe you go out to dinner.  I would really enjoy hearing what you do :)

Heaven Changes Everything by Todd and Sonja Burpo is a great little devotional.   It will take excerpts from Heaven is for Real and dig a little deeper into what God was doing in their lives and how they grew from that amazing experience.  If you've read Heaven is for Real you will enjoy remembering with the Burpo's certain experiences in their lives.  They will also dig deeper into scripture and the way they were changed during the whole process.

 This book is for all you devotional readers out there.  It's the perfect blend of scripture, insight, and wisdom.    Hopefully, it will make you look at your life and want to change certain aspects of it so you are continually growing closer to Christ.  I will say that it would be difficult (not impossible) for someone to read this devotional if they did not read Heaven is for Real.  What Mr. and Mrs. Burpo do is take excerpts from that book, dwell on the experience and then they use scripture to encourage the reader to grow as well.  So dear readers if you are a fan of Heaven is for Real you will definitely love this devotional.

*This book was given to me via Booksneeze in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I really need to memorize this verse.  Why?  Because I want to live every day of my life as if it were my last. I truly desire for my walk to not be drab, but to live fully for the glory of God.  So when I have this verse in my mind I can ask myself every day, Breanna have you fought the good fight today?  Someday I will face the Lord, and I want to be able to say to him, Father I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

1 comment:

  1. I love your little devotional verses at the end of each post!
    I DO have that verse memorized... growing up we listened to these cassette tapes called "G.T. and the Halo Express" :) there was a song to help you remember this verse!! I'll have to see if they have that series on CD now - there are TONS of verses that I can still sing in my head today because of those tapes.
    Enjoy your little family this Thanksgiving Bre! I love that you love to cook a fancy meal!! Enjoy being creative!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete