Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Christmas Pony

Hello World,
Can you believe that next week is Thanksgiving!  I just started going through my cookbooks, and food network app to see what I'll be making.  Amazingly, Todd's job gave us a turkey.  So if you're in the medical field and are looking to update your software please contact Micro4 1-800-235-1856 :-)  and yes I am shamelessly advertising my husbands work, it's called job security.  So are you doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?  Any traditions that you do?  I would love to hear from you.

The Christmas Pony by Melody Carlson is a meaningful short read about a small town in 1937.  Here we meet sweet Lucy Turnbull who was told that with God anything is possible.  With this in mind she prays for three things; a pony, boarders for their house, and to see her mother's smile.  What seems to be impossible changes when a quirky pair happen into town.

I really enjoyed this book, I could perfectly read it during the kids nap time :)  I loved how Ms. Carlson told the story from Lucy's viewpoint.  It had such a wonderful childlike innocence to it, and it made me really think how Christ has asked all of us to have childlike faith.  This is the perfect book to begin your holiday fun, or maybe reading it together with your daughter.  Either way you'll enjoy this book and the true meaning behind it.
I was given this book via Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion, and I honestly gave it :)
 “Available Sept 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

We have a house in Wisconsin that still hasn't sold, it has been three years.  Three years of paying on a house that we no longer live in.  I can not tell you how many times we have been told to just foreclose.  Both Todd and I have come to the conclusion that if we don't have the money or we can't eat that month we won't make a payment.  Here's the thing dear readers, we have never been late on a payment!  It's not easy, there have been times where I really have no clue how we got the money.  The only thing I can say is God made it possible for us.   Sometimes a random check would come in, another time we would get a bonus.  Every time we have had to lean on God to help us and He has indeed helped us.  Are you struggling with something?  Something that you feel is too much?  Please remember this verse and cling to the promise that with God all things are possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment