Monday, November 12, 2012

The Measure of Katie Calloway

Hello World,
Yesterday marks the last day of soccer season, and my poor husband came home terribly sick.  Can I tell you something...  I like it when he's sick because then I can baby him :)  It's nice to get him a cup of hot tea with honey, or a tablespoon of my own little cold remedy.  It gives me the opportunity to pour love into him when.  What do you do for you loved one when he/she gets sick?

The Measure of Katie Calloway by Serena Miller starts off with an attempted murder.  Our character Katie flees for her life with her brother Ned and ends up in a loggers camp.  Never did she imagine the challenges of cooking for the rough looking men.  Challenges like waking up on time, a half starved Native American and her baby, and unwanted feelings towards her boss.  Will Katie be able to measure up?  Pun intended :)
Dear readers, this story is full of incredible written images of post Civil War, and the difficulties that each side had to face.

 I actually requested this book after reading about Katie and Robert in A Promise to Love (if you're interested in reading this review click here).  I don't often contact the author, but these two characters drew me in and I was captivated by their interaction with each other.  Luckily Ms. Miller wrote about Katie and Robert in the book prior.  What a relief :)  Their story was incredible, their faith in God was true, and the historical aspect fun to read.  I love it when you have a gifted writer like Ms. Miller, it makes the story come alive and the time fly when reading.  She has definitely become one of my favorite authors and I look forward to reading more from her. So dear readers if you want an incredible read please read The Measure of Katie Calloway.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


What an awesome verse.  I love that God has specifically called me and you to His purpose.  He has a purpose for us and that not only does He have a purpose He has also worked everything out for good, for anyone that loves Him.  Rest in that dear readers, because now you know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment