Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Good Wife's Guide

Hello World,
It's cloudy with a chance of meatballs today :)  well... maybe not with a chance of meatballs, but it is cloudy. Right now I have an amazing husband who is making breakfast and the kids are playing house.  Some days aren't always this relaxed so I'm cherishing these peaceful moments knowing that at anytime a fight could break out, or my husband could be gone on a business trip.  Are there any moments that you cherish?

The Good Wife's Guide by Darlene Schacht is a comprehensive book about being a help meet to your husband.  Not only does it break down what a help meet is, but it also shows how a help meet is important in your husbands life.  Along with that it will give you great examples of keeping organized, building yourself up in a godly manner, and bringing out the best in your family.

Ok ladies, a few years back I did a help meet Bible Study with a couple of new mommies.  I think I was forever scarred by that study thinking that being a help meet would be a very oppressive and sad thing.  I was confused by how it was Biblical and also how a very strong willed self  i.e. me could ever be a help meet.  Then I ran into a blog called the time-warp wife (click here to see the blog).  Ms. Schacht is a help meet and she explained specifically what a help meet was using Biblical principals and how we as wives can truly embrace this meaningful calling.  From her blog comes this book and it really is a great little read.  If you're a wife who wants to be able to joyfully embrace your role I highly suggest this book :)

*This book was given to via her blog subscription program.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


This month starts off a very important time of year for us Christians :)  It helps us remember the importance of why Christ was born and why He had to come.  Don't forget dear friends why Christ came to earth don't forget the importance of His birth, death, and resurrection.  He did it for you, and that will never change.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Side note if you have never heard of the term help meet, you might think that I was meaning help mate :). It is actually a Biblical term being first used in Genesis 2:18 " And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.". Help meet means a helper worthy of him or to save, or to rescue. Awesome meanings I personally think :)

    ReplyDelete