Saturday, July 28, 2012

Relentless Pursuit

Hello World,
How are you doing today?  I will admit that today I am a little tired.  Todd has been gone this whole week on a back packing trip in the Rocky Mountains.  Being a single mom has taught me a lot about myself and I have a new respect for you ladies who are doing it on your own.  Never have I been so tired at the end of the day.  I have learned to have more patience with my kids, and at times to relax and let things be.  All in all it's been a good but tiring week.

Relentless Pursuit is a book for really anyone that has felt left out.  This book takes you on a journey of self reflection where you will look at the yourself, others, and then how God pursues such people.  This book uses literary excerpts from authors like CS Lewis, Henri J.M. Nouwen, Howard Macy, and Brene Brown to add an artistic flair and understanding for the reader.  With these excerpts, and discussion points at the end of each chapter it does an extensive job at helping the reader understand their circumstance.  Along with using the Bible Gire does a thorough in his writing.

I personally I liked the book, but there will be others who will question his faith because of the artistic style of writing.  For example he uses an excerpt that has a swear word in it, though the swear word is deleted out you can imagine it.  I have no doubt that he's a Christian; upon looking at his website and reading more about him from other sources, his faith is real.  I personally think that he is probably someone who has the rare gift of relating to anyone no matter what or who they are.  His book is a lot like that, relating to the person searching for God, but also the Christian.  This would be a great book for anyone that's searching, and feeling lost.  It's a beautiful insight of God's pursuit of the people He loves, you being one of them :)

*This book was given to via Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, let us argue this out," says the Lord, "No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it.  I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow.  Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool.

I love this verse.  It doesn't say there is a limit for God wiping the slate clean, it doesn't say that He can't remove it because it's just too bad of a sin. NO!  God says,  No matter how deep the stain of your sins, or how crimson red it is, I can remove it.  Dear readers you are so loved, by an amazing God who will never leave you.


No comments:

Post a Comment