Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Love in Disguise

Hello World,
This week my husband and I have been discussing schooling.  Our oldest daughter will be starting preschool this fall, and I want to make sure that she has the best experience.  We enrolled her in a school, but lately I've been thinking about possibly home schooling her for this year.  I'm curious to see what you dear readers think?  I'm fully qualified as an educator, and Kylar is amazingly social so there's no worries of her being anti-social if I do home school her.  What are your opinions on home schooling?  I would love to hear from you.

Love in Disguise by Carol Cox is a fun mystery romance.  Ellie Moore is in a desperate situation, she just recently lost her job in the theater and needs to find a job ASAP!   Along come two men in need of a lady to go undercover for the Pinkertons.  Ellie is the perfect match for the job and finds herself in the small town of Pickford, Arizona.  There she meets handsome mine owner Steven.  I don't want to give too much away, but with Ellie disguising herself as Lavinia Stewart( a widow), and Jessie Monroe (the widows niece) it makes for an interesting story of who done it.

I love reading mysteries, especially romance mysteries.  So this book was up my alley.  With a string of robberies and an amazing man of faith.  This made for a great read.  Ellie Monroe is a woman who has very little faith in God, so it was interesting to see how Ms. Cox handled her growing relationship with God.  All in all it was a fun book to read, and I'll be looking forward to more books from Carol Cox.
*This book was given to via Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion, and I honestly gave it.

Judges 4:9
"Very well," she replied, "I will go with you.  But since you have made this choice, you will receive no honor.  For the Lord's victory over Sisera will be at the hands of a woman."

Deborah, was a prophet during a time when Israel was under the rule of Sisera.  A cruel king who had conquered Israel with 900 iron chariots!  Everyone was afraid of him, he was a man to be reckoned with and he knew it.  Deborah was a woman who listened and obeyed God, and this is a reminder for me that there will be consequences for our actions.  Here we have Barak son of Abinoam too afraid to do the Lord's will unless Deborah comes with him.  Since he did not trust God, the victory went to a woman named Jael.  He could have had all the acknowledgement and glory, but he chose to allow fear to enter his heart, so God took it away from him.  This is a sweet reminder to me that we need to listen and obey God.  If He gives an instruction it would be wise to trust Him and His will.  The reward is better then the consequence :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment