Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Stubborn Heart

Hello World,
How is everyone doing today.  I have a day full of cleaning...  yes I know it's not very fun, but as my explains it's job security.  What would my husband do without me :-)  I do plan on bringing the kids to the pool after their nap time.  So don't worry it won't be a day full of grudge and hard work.  What are you plans for today?  I would love to hear from you.

My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade is a twofold story.  Kate Donovan is a spunky redhead who has recently decided she needs a break from her life, because of this, she decides to help her grandma with restoring the family home in Redbud, Pennsylvania.  Local handyman/former hockey star Matt Jarreau is the man they hire to help with the renovations.  Kate see's a wall in Matt that needs to be broken down.  Will this faith filled lady break the walls of the town's recluse?  You will have to see in My Stubborn Heart.

I really enjoyed reading Kate and Matt's story.  Not only were the moments heartfelt and in depth, but there was a certain quality to the book that made me want to read more.  Kate had a very real faith.   She ate, breathed, and slept her faith, and it made me love her all the more.  Then we have Matt a man who had it all, and then it was snuffed out by the death of his wife.  I can only imagine what I would be like if I lost my husband, and Ms. Wade does a great job at describing how Matt feels.  I also really appreciated hearing both points of view, it made me understand the story and not need to sit on pins and needles while reading the book.  Oh my!  I should also add the great side characters in the book.  They are hilarious and add that little spark that completes the book.  So dear readers if you're in the mood for a great Christian romance please read My Stubborn Heart.
*This book was given to me via Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

Joshua 24:15
But if you are unwilling to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve.  Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates?  Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live?  But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.

I don't think I ever read the first half the verse.  Did you realize that God gave the Israelite a choice?  I had no clue, but considering our Father who loves us, it would only be fair, and our God is a fair God.  I find comfort in the fact that we have a choice, that in the end everyone must choose.  So if you are unwilling to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve... But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment