Saturday, July 7, 2012

Enough

Hello World,
We had a little bit of a late night last night.  We played dominoes with some friends until about Midnight.  I seriously can't remember staying up that late :-)  It was a lot of fun and we truly enjoyed the game, conversation, and food.  It really was great .  Did you do anything fun last night?

Enough, by Will Davis Jr. is a book about how our world has become inundated with wanting more.  Mr. Davis asks the question, when is it enough?  When does the need for more, stop, and you have peace?  This book will discuss these issues.  Each chapter has examples of wanting more, using the Bible as a basis to learn about having enough, and then in the end several questions to help the reader go further into the topic.

Personally for me, I have struggled with  having enough.  There have been several times in my life where I think "Man if I could just get a pair of sandals," or "when I get married it will be better."  It's a painful thing to admit being a Christian and always yearning for more.  That's why I really liked this book.  It used examples that I could relate to, and the Bible to back it up.  In the end I now have a better understanding of why I want more, how I can conquer that desire, and why it's important that I should do that.  It's a good book, and I highly encourage you dear readers to read it.  Oh and I should also add that this could be a great book for Bible studies, or in a group.  The chapters are short and easy to read. and with the questions at the end it makes for great discussion.

“Available July 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”
*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion, and I honestly gave it.


Joshua 21:45 ESV
All of the good promises that the Lord had given Israel came true.

What an awesome statement!  God is so good, and I can honestly say that His word is true and good.  Never have I been let down by God, never have I been disappointed by Him.  Just like the good promises that the Lord gave to Israel, they all have come true.  His promises are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment