Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Story of Me

Hello World,
I was chuckling this morning about how much my life has changed :-)  Ten years ago, I would be studying hard, trying to get my degree in Music Education, and practicing my cello.  Now my days are very flexible, and there is always something interesting coming up.  Like for instance, Kylar noticing a difference between her brother and herself.  Never would I have thought I would be researching answers for this topic ten years ago, but here I am, AND  I have the perfect book.

The Story of Me is a book for parents and their child between the ages of 3-5.  This is the first book in the God's Design For Sex series.  This books explains (and I'm taking this from the back of the book because it describes it so well).
     -God's love and the goodness of all He has made
     -The nurturing family as God's context for love
     -Why God wants each baby to have both a mommy and a daddy
     -The specialness of being made a boy or a girl.
     - Proper names for private body parts.

Parents with children, I highly recommend this series.  If you haven't figured it out, our society is inundated with sex.  Our pastor told us that a child will know about sex at the tender age of 8!  If not from you, then from his/her friends.  I would personally like my children to understand God's design for it from me, then from another eight year old :-)  The book is full of virtuous pictures that a child can understand, and a helpful introduction of how this book should be read, and what time each book in the series should be approached.  Kylar and I read through the book during her quiet time with me, she was very interested and loved that she got to understand some of the questions she had for us.  So if you are a parent, please invest in this series,  God's Design for Sex by Stan and Brenna Jones is something that should be in every Christian parent's library.
*thank you dear friends and family who highly recommended this book :-)


Song of Songs 2:7
Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, by the swift gazelles and the deer of the wild, not to awaken love until the time is right.   


Ironically, I am reading Song of Songs in my quiet time.  This is some pretty heady stuff.  I don't know if you knew this, but Jewish women were read this book on the eve of their wedding night!  Woo talk about a flame starter and thank goodness that it wasn't done until the right time.  Oh I pray that my children remember this verse, that God has meant for their love for another to be put into the right time and the right place.  There are so many blessings and gifts in waiting until they're married.  So dear readers, by the swift gazelles and the deer of the wild, if you can, wait to awaken love.

No comments:

Post a Comment