Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Reluctant Queen

So I just finished this book A Reluctant Queen by Joan Wolf. This book is about the book of Esther in the Bible. Now for me I personally love the book of Esther, I think it's romantic, heroic, and by golly a great historical piece. What I can't stand is when an author takes certain liberties with factual events and distorts them! This is what Ms. Wolf did in her book A reluctant Queen, and it irritated the living day light out of me. If you're going to write about history don't bend the truth so it's more exciting, don't blatantly lie about historical characters, it's just wrong. So on that note dear readers, I strongly suggest you not read A Reluctant Queen, there are plenty of other authors who have written historically correct fictional works on the book of Esther, and they were better reads too.

No comments:

Post a Comment