Monday, December 19, 2011

The Power of a Praying Wife

I wanted to take the time to talk to the wives or future wives in my reading group. I started reading The Power of a Praying Wife when Todd and I got married five years ago. I read it at least once a year to remind me how important it is to pray for our relationship, but also to protect my husband from satan's attack. The author Stormie Omartian covers the major areas of a man's life. His job, thought life, and actions; all of these will make his relationship with his wife a good one or a bad one. I am a firm believer of prayer and Stormie does a great job at helping me pray for Todd. If you've never prayed before, wanting the best for your husband, or you're struggling in your relationship with him this is the book for you. Please dear readers read The Power of a Praying Wife. I will leave you with one of Stormie's quotes "First of all, let me make it perfectly clear that the power of a praying wife is not a means of gaining control over your husband, so don't get your hopes up! In fact, it is quite the opposite. It's laying down all claim to power in and of yourself, and relying on God's power to transform you, your husband, your circumstances, and your marriage."

1 comment:

  1. Speaking as husband, I am so glad Bre has read this book, I know her prayers are blessing me, blessing her, and blessing the entire family. I do not think there is a more important duty, as a woman in relationship with their husband, than there is too pray for the man they love. Likewise, I do not think there is a more important duty for a man than there is to pray for their wife-daily. Prayer brings you closer as husband and wife; certainly pray separately, but also consider the power of prayer together. Bre and I, with the kids, pray before I leave for work every single morning together. That is huge for us. We access the power of God through His Holy Spirit and we draw closer to Jesus (and in prayer we also draw closer to each other). This is building your family's foundation on the most sturdy rock and the most fertile soil, so that when trouble comes prayer has equipped every one in your family to deal with the attack that comes from this world. I will have to talk to Bre, because although I read a lot of books on prayer already; I think it is time I read power of a praying husband:) Great review, based on the quote my wife intelligently selects from the book Stormie Omartian penned, this indeed is a book every wife needs to read. Getting prayer with Jesus right can transform your life, it can also transform the most important relationship outside of Jesus you have--your spouse.

    ReplyDelete