Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Megan's Hero

Hello :-)  I absolutely love books that meander through courtship, where the worst thing that happens to them is a misunderstanding.  Isn't that how relationships work in real life?  Yes there are trials and hardships, but let's be honest most courtships don't have a pirate kidnapping a fair damsel.  Though don't get me wrong I like my swash buckling books too, but there's something about a well written every day courtship.  If you're like me you'll enjoy Megan's Hero by Sharon Gillenwater.

Megan (our main character) finds herself pregnant and in the middle of a tornado in West Texas.  On a deserted highway with nothing but her wits to keep her alive; she runs to the nearest ditch to try to save herself and her unborn baby.  This book is set in Modern time in good ol' West Texas.  I liked that I was also able to recognize the geography (since I have been living in the Panhandle for two years).  Will and Megan's story is truly a story of strong character and how God really does pursue you with a mighty passion.  If you are doubting that God has His hand in your life, please read this book, because it's far from the truth.  He loves you and no matter where you've been or what you've done He has a great plan for you.  This story was a nice glass of sweet tea in the middle of a Texan summer.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment